Harrison College of Pharmacy
Faculty and Staff Directory
Associate Clinical Professor
Unit: Pharmacy Practice
UAB School of Medicine
Division of Internal Medicine
301 Governors Drive SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
- Pharm.D. - Missouri-Kansas City, 2014
Taylor Steuber, PharmD, BCPS is an Associate Clinical Professor at the Harrison College of Pharmacy. Dr. Steuber joined HSOP in August, 2016. He earned his Pharm.D. from the University of Missouri-Kansas City in 2014. He went on to pursue a 24-month PGY-1/PGY-2 residency in pharmacotherapy with Indiana University and Butler University in Indianapolis.
He is an active member of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) and the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). His practice and scholarship interests include infectious diseases, anticoagulation, and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Dr. Steuber is an internal medicine clinical pharmacy specialist at Huntsville Hospital with the UAB Division of Internal Medicine in Huntsville, Alabama. Dr. Steuber is a board certified specialist in pharmacotherapy since 2015.
- Steuber TD, Nisly SA, Gillette C. Grit in pharmacy faculty: a pilot analysis focused on productivity measures. Curr Pharm Teach Learn 2019; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cptl.2019.06.009. [Epub ahead of print].
- Steuber TD, Lee J, Holloway A, Andrus MR. Non-dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers for the treatment of proteinuria: a review of the literature. Ann Pharmacother 2019; doi: 10.1177/1060028019843644. [Epub ahead of print]
- Steuber TD, Howard ML, Nisly SA. Direct oral anticoagulants in chronic liver disease. Ann Pharmacother 2019; doi: 10.1177/1060028019841582. [Epub ahead of print]
- Steuber TD, Janzen KM, Sprunger TL, Nisly SA. Hybrid online delivery of a pharmacy residency and fellowship elective course. Innovations in Pharmacy 2018;9(2): Article 14.
- Howard ML, Steuber TD, Nisly SA. Glycemic management in the bariatric surgery population: a review of the literature. Pharmacother 2018;38(6):663-673.
- Steuber TD, Janzen KM, Walton AM, Nisly SA. Assessment of learner metacognition in a professional pharmacy elective course. Am J Pharm Educ 2017;81(10): Article 6034.
- Steuber TD. The role of direct oral anticoagulants in the management of venous thromboembolism. Am J Manag Care 2017;23:S383-S390.
- Steuber TD, Shiltz DL, Cairns AC†, Ding Q, Binger KJ†, Courtney JR†. A multicenter retrospective analysis of factors associated with apixaban-related bleeding in hospitalized patients with end-stage renal disease on hemodialysis. Ann Pharmacother 2017;51(11):954-60.
- Howard ML, Steuber TD, Nisly SA, Wilhoite J, Saum L. Pharmacy resident-led student mentoring program: a focus on developing mentoring skills. Curr Pharm Teach Learn 2017;9(6):1123-8.
- Howard ML, Steuber TD, Walton AM, Nisly SA. Pharmacy residents as primary educators within a professional pharmacy elective. Curr Pharm Teach Learn 2017;9(5):862-8.
- Nisly SA, Janzen KM, Steuber TD, Trujillo TN. Alumni survey as a quality improvement tool for defining residency success. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2016;73(21):1722-1725.
- Steuber TD, Shiltz DL. Single-center retrospective evaluation of inhaled corticosteroid use for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbation patients receiving systemic corticosteroids. Hosp Pharm 2016;51(10):841-6.
- Janzen KM, Steuber TD, Nisly SA. GLP-1 agonists in type 1 diabetes mellitus: a review of the literature. Ann Pharmacother 2016;50(8):656-65.
- Steuber TD, Howard ML, Nisly SA. Strategies for the management of postoperative anemia in elective orthopedic surgery. Ann Pharmacother 2016;50(7):578-85.
- Steuber TD, Boyd AM†, Foster AE†, Nisly SA. New kids on the block: the promise of PCSK9 inhibitors in the management of hyperlipidemia. Indiana Pharmacists Alliance (IPA) Continuing Pharmacy Education 2016;2:1-15.