Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
As a dynamic health sciences and academic community, the Harrison College of Pharmacy values and celebrates the individuality of all students, staff, faculty, alumni, patients, and other stakeholders. We foster a safe and welcoming environment in which everyone can openly express their views, collaborate, strive for personal growth, and achieve professional excellence. Diverse perspectives are proactively included in all activities of the school including teaching, research, clinical care, outreach, service, and administration. All stakeholders are challenged to work together to build a more just, inclusive, and equitable society that protects and enhances the dignity, health, and wellness of each member.
The Harrison College of Pharmacy, in creating a revised Strategic Plan for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, endeavors to maintain congruency with and build upon the guiding principles of Auburn University’s goals, and the School’s Strategic Plan to promote diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the School’s activities.
- Goal #1: Develop and implement programs to attract, admit, support, retain, and graduate a diverse and qualified student body.
- Goal #2: Create an inclusive and diverse workplace to attract, recruit, support, and retain qualified faculty and staff.
- Goal #3: Create, cultivate and sustain an open and welcoming community that fosters dialog, understanding, unity, growth, and respects differences and advances inclusion, diversity, and equity throughout the Harrison School of Pharmacy.
To further promote diversity, inclusion and equity within the Harrison College of Pharmacy, the school has launched a number of initiatives, including funding for scholarships.
Pharmacy Inclusion and Diversity Annual Fund for Excellence
The Pharmacy Inclusion and Diversity Annual Fund for Excellence is established through the Auburn University Foundation by alumni and friends of the Harrison School of Pharmacy. Funds may be used to support the inclusion and diversity initiatives, including scholarships with a goal of increasing diversity within the school. Those interested in supporting the fund can visit HCOP's Giving Website and select the Pharmacy Inclusion and Diversity Annual Fund for Excellence.
Council for Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
The council helps make the Harrison School of Pharmacy a stronger, more dynamic, and more culturally competent organization by providing guidance and advice to the Dean on all matters related to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Proactively identify and recommend specific actions that could be taken to make the Harrison School of Pharmacy a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization in which to work, learn, and visit.
- Provide feedback and guidance to the Dean and other members of the HSOP community on strengthening diversity, inclusion, and equity in areas such as patient care, instructional and assessment activities, facilities, procedures, policies, marketing, fundraising, student affairs, and the recruiting and retention of faculty, staff and students.
- Provide feedback and guidance in the development, implementation, and review of the School’s Strategic Plan for Diversity, Inclusion and Equity.
- Monitor local, state, national, and international trends and issues related to diversity, inclusion, and equity and recommend appropriate changes to School policies and procedures.
- Professionally represent and promote the School by modeling the highest standards of intercultural competence, sensitivity, and leadership at all times.
- Meet with the Dean and other members of the HSOP community periodically to discuss relevant matters
Dr. Jingjing Qian
Leigh Ann Boone
Dr. Allison Chung
Dr. Glady's Heard
Dr. Ebony Jackson
Dr. Rochelle Johnson
Dr. ShaRhonda Watkins